Since our inception, PLS has been committed to supporting our local communities, whether that be through fundraising, sponsorships or raising awareness. Our team plays an active role in supporting causes close to our hearts with energy and enthusiasm.
- Throughout the year we arrange charity fundraisers for Save the Children, Mission Christmas and individual causes that matter to our staff. Our main charity is Papryus which raises the profile of how to prevent suicides in young people in the UK.
- We are proud sponsors of Altrincham Football Club and Manchester Mayhem, one of the four para-ice hockey teams in the UK. Also, Shimbun, the official publication of GKR Karate International to promote the physical and mental wellbeing impact that karate brings to every age group.
- During lockdown we launched a ‘Shop Local – Shop Independent’ campaign to help raise profiles for local businesses by promoting them on all our social media channels.
PLS is committed to looking after the health and wellbeing of our staff.
- We run various campaigns such as the Great Place to Work Campaign where we invest in our staff by offering a comprehensive EAP, free fresh fruit, regular social activities, free online training, Perkbox, free massages and regular internal communications.
- During lockdown we held a Bring Our Colleagues Back Campaign where we would send out twice weekly newsletters called Monday Motivation and Wednesday Wisdom to ensure everyone felt part of our team.
- We are also proud to have donated to the Conveyancing Foundation and are supporting the Conveyancing Association’s Be Kind We Care campaign.
We listen to our employees and make changes happen. We also understand that work-life balance is very important for mental health which is why we rolled out an Employee Engagement Survey where we asked all our staff about how they were feeling about lockdown, working from home and returning to the office. Based on the feedback, the Board decided that we would not be making people return to the office full time ever again and we adopted a Hybrid Working Model so that people could retain their work life balance.
We are passionate about employee development, recognition and reward. We have our own in-house training team that get to know individuals and their needs and develop bespoke training as well as progression paths. We also provide study funding initiatives for those wishing to progress in conveyancing.
We are passionate in our commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment. We believe it is up to all of us to come together and create a sustainable working environment where we cut down on waste and we are responsible with our resources. We offer several initiatives for our employees to make our workplace an environmentally friendly place to work.
- Hybrid working allows us to cut carbon emissions
- We offer our staff a flexible working schedule, so they do not have to come into the office everyday which cuts carbon emissions from travelling.
- We provide a cycle to work scheme
- Fire marshals
- Specially trained staff to help in the event of a fire
- Paper free
Additional LinksBenefits & Culture HR & Training Meet the Team How We Work & Our Promise Social Committee Corporate Responsibility
Making PLS a great place to work requires a one team approach. If you are a team player with excellent communication, willing to learn, and have fantastic customer service skills, we would love to hear from you.
If you have great customer services skills and just love helping people, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team. With full training provided and a clear progression route, this role is perfect for anyone who is interested in legal work or customer services.
Your Duties The main role of the Conveyancing Assistant is to support the New Build Conveyancer with all elements of the conveyancing transaction. Duties will include but will not be limited to: Essential Skills: Here at PLS we offer a wide range of staff benefits: Some extra touches…