Terms and Conditions
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
Information about us
pls-solicitors.co.uk is a site operated by PLS Solicitors (“We”). Our address is PLS House, Atlantic Street, Altrincham, WA14 5UW. Our VAT number is 922 623 049.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority under registration number 556087. (www.sra.org.uk)
Any reference to partner in relation to the firm means a director of the Company or an employee or consultant of equivalent standing and qualification.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which is illegal, defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site or its contents in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the section above headed “Prohibited Uses”.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.
PLS Solicitors – Twelvetide Offer Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: You must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The competition is only open to legal residents of England & Wales. It is void where prohibited by the laws of England & Wales.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating in this competition, You as the Applicant agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of PLS Solicitors as final and binding as it relates to the content of this competition.
3. Competition Period: The competition is available between 13th – 25th December 2021. Winners will be announced within the 12 days of Christmas 26th Dec 2021 – 5th Jan 2022.
4. How to Enter: The competition must be entered on social media channels in response to the competition post. It must come from a unique owned social media account from the Applicant. Applicant must ‘like’ ‘follow’ or become a ‘fan’ as appropriate. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of PLS Solicitors. The winner will be chosen by random generator from the participants who provided correct answers.
5. Validity of the Competition: Your entry must be supported by a valid social media account. You as the Applicant can enter only once. If You as the Applicant use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, the submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of PLS Solicitors.
6. Receipt of Competition: You, as the Applicant, will receive the competition and enter via DM to us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter or by commenting on LinkedIn.
7. Terms & Conditions: PLS Solicitors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond PLS Solicitors’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the competition. PLS Solicitors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the submission process or the operation of the competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. PLS Solicitors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the competition, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an Applicant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, PLS Solicitors reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Disputes: THIS COMPETITION IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND & WALES, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF THESE LAWS. As a condition of participating in this competition, You as the Applicant, agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this OFFER, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in England & Wales. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the Applicant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, other than the Applicant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this competition). The Applicant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the competition is PLS Solicitors Manchester Office, Registered Office and Administration Centre, PLS House, 2 Aegean Road, Atlantic Street, Altrincham WA14 5UW.