Buying or Selling Your Home
Buying or selling property is a complicated process and it is easy to become confused. Having the best conveyancers on your side is key to getting the process running smoothly. Choosing PLS means our team of experts will be on hand to guide you through the process. And with our 24/7 Portal it couldn’t be easier to manage your transaction and achieve your property dreams.
The Country's Favourite Conveyancer
Working With our Customers
Whether you are buying your first home, moving up the ladder or restructuring your assets, we are the law firm for you.Read more
Working With First Time Buyers
Almost 50% of our work is with first time buyers from all across the UK and we have one of the largest new build departments in the country.Read more
Part Exchange Experts
We have a dedicated Part Exchange Team working closely with the major housebuilders and working to tight timescales, from 28 days from reservation to exchange.Read more
24/7 access is available to our PLS Portal via PC, tablet, or smartphone and is also available to download as an App. Customers have full access to their case file and can complete, sign and submit documents instantly. Updates can also be accessed by housebuilders.Read more
Shared Ownership Advice
Shared Ownership provides an opportunity to purchase a share in a new build or resales property and is an alternative to renting and to those who are unable to buy on the open market.Read more
Help to Buy Advice
Help to Buy is a government-backed scheme offering purchasers an equity loan to purchase a new build home, requiring only a 5% deposit.Read more
Legal Help & Support For Your Journey
We understand that buying and selling a property can be stressful, especially if you have never been through the process before. The process can seem confusing, you might find it difficult to understand what you need to do and when you need to do it.
With this is mind, PLS has an experienced team on hand which will manage your case from start to finish offering all the advice and support you will need along the way. We are open evenings and weekends so you will always be able to speak to someone.
- Get your property valued –Before you think about buying a new home, you should get the property which you intend to sell valued by a local estate agent. This will help you to form an overall budget.
- Consider your finances –You should consider how much you can afford to spend on your next house as well as the equity in your current home. You may have to pay a larger deposit than the one you receive; therefore, you will need to check that you are financially able to do this. Bear in mind that there may be additional costs such as stamp duty which you will need to budget for.
- Speak to a mortgage broker – Mortgage brokers can help you to find the right solution in buying a new property. This can make a complex process less confusing.
- Find an estate agent – A good estate agent can get your property on the market quickly and begin the process of selling your home.
- Get a conveyancing solicitor – This is where we come in. At PLS, our expert team of conveyancers will conduct numerous property searches on the property which you intend to purchase once contracts have been received and before contracts are exchanged between the parties. We will also ensure that contracts are issued as quickly as possible for your home which you are intending to sell. You may be required to answer several enquiries which are raised by your buyer’s solicitor. We can provide you with advice on the house buying process and ensure your sale and purchase go through smoothly and without delay.
- Set a completion date – Once everything comes together, you’ll be ready to set a completion date and contracts can be exchanged. This is when the funds will be transferred, and keys will be handed over. Our team are experienced in negotiating a completion date that works for everyone.
- Move in – Once the process is completed and keys are exchanged, you will finally be able to move into your new home.
Service was great, and the staff have been really friendly and helpful!
We Took 5 Minutes to Chat to Karl Nicholson, Chair of the British Para Ice Hockey about his many years involved with the gameRead More
customers every year
are new build
for Exchange of contracts