PLS is a modern and progressive property law firm, and we pride ourselves in putting our customers at the heart of everything we do. The remortgage process can be stressful and confusing, and it is important to make sure you have specialist advice to guide you through the process. We are on all the lender panels and work with the top 10 national and regional housebuilders in the UK. Our dedicated team of experts are experienced in all types of remortgages. With our impeccable customer service, our customers go through the remortgage process free of stress and worry.
We are automating: Our systems just got 50% faster, so you now can secure your customers’ reservations before they leave the site office
A dedicated Shared Ownership team: Specialist contracts require expert advisers. Our dedicated Shared Ownership team will guide customers through every step of this process.
We keep customers connected: Customers can be in control of their case through our portal, app and Alexa - 7 days a week
We provide quotes 7 days a-week: Customers can get a quote any day of the week.
PLS 24/7 Portal speeds up the process for customers: Customers can secure their new home reservation and lawyer before they leave the site office.
We are on every lender panel: This gives customers the advantage of securing their mortgage with any lender they choose
What is remortgaging ?
Remortgaging means to change the mortgage you currently have on your property. This can mean either moving to a different deal with your existing lender or switching to a new lender entirely. It is a good way of finding lower interest rates than you may have on your current deal.
Why should I remortgage?
There are four key reasons to remortgage your property:
- If you are paying a high interest rate – Switching to a fixed or tracker interest rate on your mortgage could lower your monthly payments and help you pay off your mortgage sooner.
- You want to pay off your mortgage early – By switching to a mortgage that lets you make over-payments you can pay off your debt earlier than your original term.
- Your current mortgage deal ends soon – If your deal ends soon then you can move to the lender’s standard variable rate. This rate is often higher and so this is a good opportunity to look for better deals.
- Your property has increased in value – Remortgaging can allow you to borrow for home improvements, further increasing your property’s value. A lower loan to value ratio might mean you meet the criteria for a wider range of interest rates.
How does the remortgage process work?
Considering your financial situation as a whole is vital in the remortgage process as well as understanding what happens when you remortgage. There are four key steps:
- Complete an Agreement in Principle – Most lenders will let you get an online Agreement in Principle in order to see if a lender is willing to lend you what you need. This will help you understand your options without choosing a specific deal.
- Considering the costs – It is important to make sure that a remortgage will leave you in a better position. Therefore, it is essential to consider costs such as application fees and valuation fees in the process.
- Applying for a new mortgage – Once you have your Agreement in Principle, you can now apply for a new mortgage. You will be asked for various personal and financial information in addition to the details of your current mortgage.
- Completing your remortgage – Your new lender will carry out a credit check and arrange to have your property valued. PLS can help you with the transfer of your mortgage and complete the process.
Fast and efficient. Good communications from the solicitors as they kept me updated with the progress of my remortgage case. Finished the switch over on the target date. Smooth and easy process. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
customers every year
are New Build
for Exchange of contracts