I want to extend my lease but my landlord is missing. What should I do?
13th June 2017

If you qualify, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can apply to the County Court for an order to dispense with the service of the initial notice . This will mean that your lease can be extended by the Court.

However, you will be required to demonstrate that you have made all realistic attempts to trace the landlord. In some cases an enquiry agent may be advantageous to carry out a search and to produce a report which can be used as evidence that the landlord is indeed missing.
We specialise in advising on the complex area of residential property law, especially Lease Extensions. We offer a friendly, efficient and effective legal advice on any area of residential property law.
Get in touch for a free quote or advice from PLS Solicitors, without obligation.

Get a Free Quote From PLS
If you need any help or simply have a question, please get in touch...