NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign Competition is open only to those who enter via the PLS Solicitors Competition link. You must be 16 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign Competition is only open to legal residents of the England & Wales. It is void where prohibited by the laws of England & Wales. Employees of PLS Solicitors, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), are not eligible to participate in the Campaign Competition. Employees immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees can take part. The Campaign Competition is subject to the laws and regulations of England & Wales and is void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Campaign Competition (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of PLS Solicitors as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign Competition.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 22nd November 2019 and ending 15th December 2019. All online entries must be received by midnight on 15th December 2019.
- How to Enter: The Campaign Competition must be entered by clicking on the competition link provided. The entry must fulfil all Campaign Competition requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of PLS Solicitors. There is just one entry per competition entrant. You can only enter once. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of PLS Solicitors.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a £150.00 John Lewis Christmas Hamper. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at PLS Solicitors discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation to local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for PLS Solicitors to use Winner’s name, associated tagged names and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.This competition is not run in association with Amazon.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The first stage will be a shortlist of three potential winners. The winner will be selected by via a popularity vote using Facebook and Twitter shares under the supervision of PLS Solicitor’s brand agency, The Brand Marquee. The Winner will be announced on the PLS Facebook and Twitter Pages and the Winner will be notified via email within five (5) days following selection of the Winner. The Winner will send their personal email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.PLS Solicitors shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all laws of England & Wales.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT PLS SOLICITORS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that PLS Solicitors, anyone acting on behalf of PLS Solicitors and PLS Solicitors licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of PLS Solicitors. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PLS Solicitors from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which PLS Solicitors may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: PLS Solicitors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond PLS Solicitors control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, PLS Solicitors may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by PLS Solicitors. PLS Solicitors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. PLS Solicitors has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, PLS Solicitors reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless PLS Solicitors and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS COMPETITION CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND & WALES, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF THESE LAWS. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in England & Wales. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PLS Solicitors, Manchester Office, Registered Office and Administration Centre, PLS House, 2 Aegean Road, Atlantic Street, Altrincham WA14 5UW. Requests must be received no later than [date and time]. Your email address will be deleted from our system once you have received the information you requested.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is PLS Solicitors Manchester Office, Registered Office and Administration Centre, PLS House, 2 Aegean Road, Atlantic Street, Altrincham WA14 5UW.
- Facebook & Twitter: The Campaign hosted by PLS Solicitors is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
By taking part in the competition and posting on the PLS Facebook Page, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.