There is an enormous difference between a bad and good Conveyancing Solicitor.
The following simple tips will help you make a decision you won’t regret.
The Conveyancing process in the UK can be a painfully slow process leaving property buyers and sellers wondering what, if anything, is going on.
Some Conveyancers are almost Dickensian in their approach and others can seem faceless often hiding behind IT systems (how many have you seen offering online case tracking? Wouldn’t you rather talk to a human?), and some can be a mix of both.
Thankfully there are many highly skilled Conveyancers at PLS Solicitors offering a personal and pro-active service and nearly all clients find that their transaction goes smoothly, allowing for factors beyond his or her influence of course.
Should you choose the Cheapest Conveyancing Quote?
Many of the clients that we speak to will often simply go for the Cheapest Conveyancing Quote that they can find, and fail to consider the fact that you could choose an expensive quote and still receive a poor service.
You might get lucky and get a perfectly good service at a bargain price but whether you are buying or selling a home, this is probably your biggest asset so it really can pay you to do a little research before you choose your conveyancing solicitor. If you can get it right, then you can:
- See your transaction complete in minimal time.
- Increase the probability of your house sale or purchase going through.
- Avoid costly mistakes
- Save yourself hours sitting on hold waiting to speak to someone in a call centre.
The following advice will help you select the right Conveyancing Solicitor:
- Instructing a conveyancer on-line is all very 21st century and perfectly reasonable but why not call the solicitor before you instruct. If you can’t get through to anyone when they are in sales mode, ask yourself what the service will be like once you have placed the order. At PLS Solicitors, we use the very latest in case management systems but still maintain the personal touch.
- Better still, call the conveyancer and leave a message. If it takes them 2 days to return your call it is unlikely they will be very proactive when it comes to pushing your transaction through. Good Conveyancers cannot over communicate. They know that one phone call can save them 10 incoming calls from clients and estate agents constantly chasing for updates. At PLS Solicitors, the clients will find that our Terms and Conditions state all phones calls will be returned within 24 hours.
Get a Free Quote From PLS
If you need any help or simply have a question, please get in touch...