Issue / Setting Aside Statutory Demands
Issue / Setting Aside Statutory Demands with PLS Solicitors
PLS Solicitors specialise in providing sound legal and practical advice and assistance to creditors seeking to recover debts using Statutory Demand and Petitions and also to debtors served with Demands. We deal with all steps of the process from drafting and serving either the Statutory Demand or application to set aside a Statutory Demands, to issuing/defending bankruptcy petitions through to attending final hearing. PLS will, when appropriate, seek to negotiate with the opposing creditor/debtor to try and resolve issues and/or secure payment.
Statutory Demands are commonly used to recover debts owed by individuals (and also companies) in England and Wales, which are over £750, undisputed, liquidated and payable either immediately or at some certain future date. Once served, an individual has 21 days to pay the debt or reach agreement for payment or 18 days to apply to the court to set aside the demand. Failure to do anything within the periods, allow a creditor to present a bankruptcy petition to the court.
The service of a Statutory Demand can be an effective means of recovering a debt (or debts) but it is also a mechanism frequently used and abused by creditors and those instructed to pursue debts.
PLS Solicitors specialise in advising on the complex area of personal insolvency, especially Issue / Setting Aside Statutory Demands. We offer a friendly, efficient and effective legal advice on any area of personal insolvency.
- We explain the process in plain english, no legal jargon.
- We adopt an understanding and methodical approach when dealing with each individual case.
- Our office hours are 9am to 7pm Monday – Friday and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- We are fast. Because of our speed, we work as a nominated solicitor for many of the UK's largest developers.
- We have a team of 100+ staff based in the UK
- All work is carried out in-house by a member of our team.
- Between our directors we have over 100 years worth of conveyancing experience
Get a Free Quote
For a Free quote without obligation, get in touch below...