Bankruptcy Offences with PLS Solicitors
At PLS Solicitors we PLS specialise in claims by Trustees arising out of bankruptcy. We provide sound legal, commercial and practical advice to those on the receiving end of such claims and when necessary, we will defend court proceedings issued.
In the event of bankruptcy, certain restrictions and obligations are imposed on a bankrupt which if breached can give rise to both criminal (resulting in imprisonment/fines) and/or civil proceedings.
Such offences include the following:-
1. Non-disclosure – failure to disclose assets.
2. Concealment of Property – intentional failure to disclose assets.
3. Explanations – failure to account for loss of property in the period 12 months before the presentation of a petition or failure to give a satisfactory explanation of how much was lost.
4. Books and Papers – failure to deliver, or prevention or concealment of deliver up, books and records etc, including destruction, falsification etc.
5. False Statements – making a material omission or false statement.
6. Fraudulent Disposal of Property – making a gift or transfer of, or granting charge on, property.
7. Absconding – leaves or attempts to leave or prepares to leave England and Wales with any property.
8. Fraudulent dealing in property obtained on credit – disposing of property obtained on credit.
9. Obtaining Credit or Engaging in Business – taking credit above set limit or engaging in business under another name without disclosing bankruptcy.
10. Failure to Keep Proper Accounts – if in business prior to bankruptcy, not keeping proper accounts.
11. Gambling – increasing debts by gambling.
12. Being a Company Director – an undischarged bankrupt cannot be a company director (whether directly or indirectly) or otherwise concerned in the management of a company, without permission of the court.
PLS Solicitors specialise in advising on the complex area of personal insolvency, especially Bankruptcy Offences. We offer a friendly, efficient and effective legal advice on any area of personal insolvency.
- We explain the process in plain english, no legal jargon.
- We adopt an understanding and methodical approach when dealing with each individual case.
- Our office hours are 9am to 7pm Monday – Friday and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- We are fast. Because of our speed, we work as a nominated solicitor for many of the UK's largest developers.
- We have a team of 100+ staff based in the UK
- All work is carried out in-house by a member of our team.
- Between our directors we have over 100 years worth of conveyancing experience
Get a Free Quote
For a Free quote without obligation, get in touch below...