Malpractice by Company Directors
Malpractice by Company Directors with PLS Solicitors
PLS Solicitors PLS specialise in providing advice and assistance to Directors / Company officers faced with prosecution and claims arising out of their conduct in running companies that have gone into insolvent liquidation and in defending such claims.
Certain duties and obligations are imposed on officers of a company (which includes Directors (whether actual or shadow) and Secretaries) and apply both before and during liquidation. If those duties and obligations are breached it can give rise to both criminal (resulting in imprisonment/fines) and/or civil proceedings against office holders.
Offences arising from breach include the following:-
1. Fraud etc, in anticipation of winding up – concealment of company property Assets and liabilities), removing company property, concealing, destroying, mutilating or falsifying books or records etc, making false entries in books and records, parting with or altering documents relating to company property, pawning, pledging or disposing of company property obtained on credit and not paid for.
2. Transactions in fraud of Creditors – when a company is to be wound up, the officer makes or causes a gift or transfer or charge etc etc on company property or conceals or removes company property since, etc.
3. Misconduct in Winding Up.
4. Falsification of Company Books.
5. Material Omissions from Statement relating to Company’s Affairs.
6. False Representation to Creditors.
7. Fraudulent Trading.
8. Wrongful Trading – at some time before commencement of winding up, new or ought to have known that there was no reasonable prospect of the company avoiding insolvent liquidation.
PLS Solicitors specialise in advising on the complex area of company insolvency, especially Malpractice by Company Directors. We offer a friendly, efficient and effective legal advice on any area of company insolvency.
- We explain the process in plain english, no legal jargon.
- We adopt an understanding and methodical approach when dealing with each individual case.
- Our office hours are 9am to 7pm Monday – Friday and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- We are fast. Because of our speed, we work as a nominated solicitor for many of the UK's largest developers.
- We have a team of 100+ staff based in the UK
- All work is carried out in-house by a member of our team.
Get a Free Quote
For a Free quote without obligation, get in touch below...