Directors Disqualification Proceedings
Directors Disqualification Proceedings with PLS Solicitors
PLS Solicitors specialise in Company Insolvency, especially Directors Disqualification Proceedings. We provide advice and assistance to directors threatened with disqualification and in defending court proceedings once commenced. PLS also assist in negotiations to reduce the period of disqualification.
Following a company liquidation, any liquidator appointed is obliged to investigate the conduct of the former directors (and shadow directors) and report the findings to the Secretary of State (for Business, Innovation and Skills). In some cases, the Secretary of State may consider that the conduct (or misconduct) of the former director(s) is such that they should be disqualified from being director(s) of any other company usually for period of between 2 and a maximum of 15 years.
The Secretary of State will notify the former director(s) of the intention to apply to the Court for a disqualification order and indicate the period of disqualification required, based on the severity of the misconduct. The notice will also invite the former director (s) to agree or consent to disqualification and may allow a discount for early settlement by undertaking.
The Secretary of State will also invite representations and may reconsider the period of disqualification. The costs of defending disqualification proceedings can be significant.
PLS Solicitors specialise in advising on the complex area of company insolvency, especially Directors Disqualification Proceedings. We offer a friendly, efficient and effective legal advice on any area of company insolvency.
- We explain the process in plain english, no legal jargon.
- We adopt an understanding and methodical approach when dealing with each individual case.
- Our office hours are 9am to 7pm Monday – Friday and 9am to 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- We are fast. Because of our speed, we work as a nominated solicitor for many of the UK's largest developers.
- We have a team of 100+ staff based in the UK
- All work is carried out in-house by a member of our team.
Get a Free Quote
For a Free quote without obligation, get in touch below...